07.09.2016 15:03 ITT, Pskov
“Caught” watching television in their spare time, many students are. In this regard, EMERCOM of Russia in the Pskov region resembles Pskovians rule watching TV the child.
Many hours sitting in front of screen, highlight the rescue workers, leading to a permanent violation of the regime of the day. Exceeding the reasonable limit spectacular load can cause strain on the nervous system, the deterioration of health and a sharp decline in performance at school and at home. Daily television viewing creates schoolchildren habit that extends to automatism, spending every night just at the TV screen. Moreover, watching television increases the time spent by students in a state of relative immobility. Spending long hours watching television, students begin to move less, smaller than a walk, go to bed later.
Watching the TV immediately after school hours, prepare homework, reading a book helps build-up of fatigue accumulated over the day.
Like any visual work, watching television can lead to fatigue, especially if carried out in adverse conditions – in low light, at a short distance, etc.
Terms of viewing child TV:
1. Children under two years of watching television is generally not recommended. This is due not only to loads on the eye, but with a negative influence on the central nervous system that may lead to excessive excitation of the child. For children older than 2 years, the total duration of watching TV programs should not exceed 30 minutes. in a day. Children from 3 to 7 years is recommended to watch TV no more than 40-50 minutes a day; from 7 to 13 – no more than 2 hours a day (with a continuous load should not exceed 1.5 hours)
2. TV watching is necessary only in a sitting position. Better if it will be a comfortable chair with a backrest or seat.
3. In the evening – with additional lighting in the room, in any case not in the dark. The big difference between the screen brightness and general lighting in the room adversely affects the visual system and causes eyestrain.
4. The distance to the TV screen should be at least three meters. By increasing the screen size should be in proportion to the increase and the distance to it.
5. TV type (normal or “flat” screen, plasma TV or LCD panel) does not affect the tolerability of visual stress. The main adverse factor for the eyes when watching TV is a long visual load.
TV is very affects the health and thinking of younger schoolboys. psychological studies show that children who frequently watch television, usually worse at school
Source:. Pskov News Release