Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Actor James Spader: Working on TV, I feel like a kid - newspaper Evening Moscow

actor, who played a major role in the new series “Black List”, was interviewed by “Evening Moscow”.

In late September, the American television, and in October and Russia will launch a new series “Black List” (Blacklist) – a crime drama about a former government agent Raymond Reddington, who, after decades on the run, decides to surrender to the FBI. The main role in the new show plays James Spader, who walked in the 90s in the rising Hollywood stars, but the main actors work which happened just on television. Before the premiere episode, the actor gave an interview to “Evening Moscow”.

– You seem very easily got used to the role of Raymond Reddington. This is so?

– I had a hard time after the completion of work on “Boston Legal.” In this series, David Kelly (writer series “Boston Legal”. – Ed.) Very successfully crossed his comedy and drama, creating a very fine line between the two genres. That’s why it was very difficult to agree on a new project, they all seemed to me some kind of limited. I love thrillers, but, frankly, to work on them sadly. These projects are very focused on the story, and ultimately it is fundamental. You will work on a particular scene where the most important would be a knife or something, like a letter slipped into someone’s pocket.

When I read the script of the “Black List”, it is clearly seen that the main thing here – the character and it is to some extent forms the plot development. In the series, of course, a very rich storyline and plenty of unexpected twists and turns, which are particularly interesting in the context of such a variety of representatives from different countries. This is a show about relationships. The plot revolves around complex and unexplained relationship between my hero Raymond “Redom” Reddington and FBI expert Elizabeth Keene (Megan Boone). Each episode reveals new sides of the relationship, tension is rising and I feel that my character can endure it all throughout the series. I created with Red’s ironic and even slightly mocking attitude to life, which is going on around him.

– How do you feel, returning to TV?

– I never really watched TV. But work on television is incredibly exciting and even funny, I found myself in this area and feel their involvement in a particular television history. To be honest, I can not wait to see what happened. I am very like the idea of ??a search that was not inherent in the nature of your character. I like such surprises. Working on television, you start to feel like a kid, you’re immersed in the liquid, and the world is constantly evolving and changing. I love it all! You have to be fast and ready for anything. “Blacklist” – a story of incredible freedom and lack of boundaries, this is a huge endless space where the action can be developed in a completely unexpected direction.

– Do you like playing the bad guy?

– I used to like to try out different roles, going back and forth. This period has been a living hell for my agents because Hollywood is very short memory. If you played the bad guy in his latest film, they will remember only that. And when you suddenly decide to play a good character, they see you only as a villain. As for the “Black List”, it seemed to me that I can “marry” the good and the bad. Red – the absolute anti-hero. He’s a good guy who does very bad things.

– At Red’s shaved head. It was in the script?

– It was my idea. It seemed to me that it would be natural for the Red’s, which is rapidly moving through life. I do not think he has in store an hour to do my hair. Also, it’s very funny and naturalistic for the show. I had very long hair in front of the pilot series, and I thought it would be interesting to see the Red’s with the hair when it appears in the list of the FBI’s most wanted criminals in the beginning of the first series.

– How You usually find out fans?

– One out of three times it happens by accident, and I am very surprised. Obviously, if the project or TV show in which you participate, just come out on the screen, you’ll naturally faced a wave of recognition. Except when you are involved in a huge movie franchise, television – the most powerful tool. Last night someone came up and started talking about the film, in which I used to be, and I was stunned. For me, this work was not a matter of pride. I think he saw only three people. And this guy was one of them, and he loved the film!

See series “Black List” on Sony Entertainment Television channel in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...