Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Constantine bronze: “Our audience simply can not accidentally turn on the TV and see my cartoon» – intermedia.ru

SUCCESS Cartoon “We can not live without space»

– It started more than a year ago, in August 2014, at a festival in Hiroshima. To date, the film has collected 52 international awards. I immediately knew what to shoot, so that hurt someone’s nerve … especially my own. And there it will respond and someone else. It can not be different. Animation Unfortunately, art is very conditional, almost abstract. It is very difficult to play on the territory of the senses, touch the strings. Most modern animation is very formal, purely functional characters: the good, the bad. The inevitable problem each time it has to overcome. The main thing – to realize it and try to cope with it through a story, song, storyboards. In the previous film “Lavatory history – a love story,” I have been through it: there was a man living in the frame, not the function. And it was about love. And “We can not live without space” touched the story of death, loss, loneliness. To cope with this not, you have to be very blunt. Although I still do not feel that I managed until the end.

About the literature and cinema

– I thought a lot about it. He made such a terrible conclusion: literature – the enemy of cinema. It’s so different, incompatible means that as soon as the movie refers directly to the text, it immediately loses himself and becomes helpless. This and David Cronenberg recently said offscreen literary text – the first sign of helplessness director. Cinema crosses himself so completely. A cartoon voice-over is used often. Previously, I had not pondered, but still trying not to be dependent on any literature, do without this crutch.

About the film “Alyosha Popovich and Tugarin snakes»

– This is a commercial project, a great movie! Separate rules that must be followed. Without literature does. Although the word “failure” is not so frightening. You know, when people ask me what movies I’ve done, I always forget about the “Alyosha Popovich” is the source did not recall. He stands so alone – as if the other person has done a great movie … but always a collective work. “We can not live without space” – that’s me. And there – I did not.

ON THE ATTITUDE TO ANIMATION IN RUSSIA

– This small-bore, piece goods, like ours today, do not need no movie theaters, no television. And this is important. In France, there are channel ARTE, England – Channel 4, they not only show, but also the author’s sponsor animation. There are regular sessions of short animations in many movie theaters. Anyone can buy a ticket and see. Our audience simply can not accidentally turn on the TV and see my cartoon. But once I arrived in France, I turned on the TV and saw a cartoon! Can you imagine? In France, in Russian. You do not need it here to anyone. Previously, it was a government order and cartoons automatically placed in rotation on state television. Today, this is not and no one knows us.

(Anton Dolin, “Bill-air», 09.11.15)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...