Thursday, July 7, 2016

“If my mother heard the steps, turn off the TV and back to bed.” Why Boateng promises victory in the Euro – Sport. BUSINESS Online

Team Germany defender Jerome Boateng in his column on the The Player’s Tribune told how he secretly from his mother watched Euro 1996 and responded to the statement of the policy, arguing that people Germany did not want to live with him in the neighborhood

. «come night stand at the TV, to watch the match »
 

Once I stood in a small screen TV in my room. I was eight years old.
 

I just could not tear myself away – Germany is about to replay England on penalties and will be released in the Euro 1996 final. If I close to the screen for another step, then I’d have had to tear off from it. It was not only the significance of the match, but the important principle of my strategy: mother must not know that you still can not sleep

I’ve been training in the youth of the Berlin club in this. same time trying to cope with their studies at school. So mom has introduced a rule – no night football on TV. But it’s the Euro! And Germany goes to the final. But, basically, I risked not the first time. If shown to absolutely any game, rest assured, I quietly watched it on my little TV. At 23:30 we started a program where they showed a selection of goals and the best moments from all the European leagues: Premier League, La Liga, on themselves. See this show and not get caught was akin to a full-scale military operation.
 

All the could have been easier, whether on TV fast. But anyway I was lucky that this little box huddled in the room. The picture was not good, but it opens a window into football for me. I note that the TV was located far enough away from the bed. I had to stand in front of him – as if I could hear my mother steps, it could quickly turn it off and jump back into bed. I am sure if I had not got into football, could make a career in the long jump. In my performance it is transformed into an art form.
 

The most difficult part was not to shout. And that game had a few moments when I almost lost my mind: Alan Shearer goal in the third minute, which brought forward England; Reply Stefan Kunz after 13 minutes. We had to wait 74 minutes. We had to wait extra time. Wait. Wait. Before the penalty shootout.
 

«There is something special about the team that wins the World Cup and European Championship»
 

Team made their first five shots. I stood and watched as Gareth Southgate missed from the penalty spot. I had to use all internal resources that do not scream when Andreas Möller saved his own net. Four days later, I could not watch in silence as Oliver Bierhoff scored the golden goal in extra time of the match with the Czech Republic (2: 1) and brought Germany victory in the European Championship.
 

I was hooked. Euro 1996 did it.
 

It was incredible every four years to see all the elite of European club football in the national teams. As a kid you dream of becoming a professional player. But after these matches would like to put on a uniform team.
 

Four years later, I looked in his room, as France took the trophy in 2000. By the way, I’m a big fan of the French national team. They won the World Cup in 1998 and were the real legends. Zidane. Thierry Henry. But most of all I liked Patrick Vieira. That season I’ve seen a few games, “Arsenal”, and I’m impressed his style. Tall, long legs. Even despite the fact that he played linebacker, I, himself no small proportions, learned a lot from him and was trying to use in his defense. After 10 years, when I was 22 and he was 34, I played with Patrick in the “Manchester City”. It seemed that I was a little in his background. Just I could not believe that I train with Patrick Vieira – my hero Euro. As I think, he could not believe it.
 

«I be your father gozhus – told me Vieira. – I won the Tour when you’re watching the matches on television. ”
 

More Patrick told me what it was like – to play on the Euro. He talked about the positive emotions, the fans, the prestige with which you win the World Cup, and two years later become the best in Europe.
 

This is what I want from our children this year. We have fallen a lot of pressure and expectations after the title to the 2014 World Cup. It is clear that the World Cup – it’s the World Cup, but still there is something special in the team, which is able to replicate the victory in the World Cup and European Championship. As France in 1998 and 2000. And as Spain in 2008 and 2010 – and then they were still again won the Tour in 2012 (only without Thiago – my teammate on the “Bavaria” and the Spanish team midfielder will forgive me).
 

«ON EURO MATCHES many times more difficult than the World Cup»
 

After winning the World Cup you immediately begin to hunt for the title at Euro. No time to celebrate, because the qualification to the European Championship begins in September. To be honest, we were not good at the start. We played unstable and suffered defeat against weaker teams. I had to deal with injuries, loud retirement and the arrival of new players.
 

But the battle has not passed in vain for us. Now we are ready.
 

«Staying on top is much harder than the climb up to it”, – our coach Joachim Loew constantly reminds us.
 

Personally, I really want to win the Euro. This is the only tournament where I have not won. But it will not be easy.
 

My family will not be in France – a difficult decision. Yes, we have done so in part because of the recent events in Paris. We all read a lot and do what we think is best for themselves. But we must understand that I did not feel more secure when our family went to the World Cup in Brazil and South Africa. In such tournaments is always a hectic environment. “Restless” in a good and bad sense. I do not want them to have experienced it. I want to be focused only on my game. I would feel differently without his family, but it does not affect my willingness to work.
 

And we have a lot of work. For me the matches at Euro at times more difficult than the World Cup. Here you are faced with difficult opponents at once in the early stages. The tournament this year has expanded to 24 teams, but in 2012 we played against Portugal and the Netherlands in the first two matches. And yet it was already in a band! At the World Cup is nothing like that, in the group stage is not a slaughterhouse. So the Euro is necessary to always be prepared.
 

This means that you have seen a steep football from the start. At a party in the “Bavaria” after our victory in the Bundesliga I looked at Thiago and Robert Lewandowski, who plays for Poland. Before heading to France for the continental championship, I wished them good luck …
 

«not only in the matches against Germany.”
 
 

«FREE TO PLAY and without unnecessary ANALYSIS»
 

In general, the “Bavaria” we have a lot gloated over the championship this year in Europe. But everything will be decided on the field. I do not argue, Lewandowski was the best hitter in the group. I was waiting for a meeting with his team. Thiago too long trained in the “Bavaria” in the special conditions, and we exchanged a lot of jokes on the topic of our national identity. We are teammates, but if I went against each other on the field in France, there is no mercy.
 

At the Euro, many young players will learn what to play for his national team at a major tournament. There Marcus Rashford from England. Just look what a jerk he made in the end of the season, “Manchester United”, and see how he is confident in his abilities and how to catch the buzz of the game. He’s only 18, but he is the main threat to the gate. I am pleased by the success of his team-mates “Bavaria”, especially the success of Kingsley Coman, who plays for France and Renata Sanshesha, to play for Portugal. If they were not in your list of players for which you need to follow, believe me, they will have to add. Remember Joshua Kimmiha and Julian Weigl from the German national team.
 

However, the players who came to the euro after strong seasons in the club, can experience a lot of pressure. Many of them have reached a high level in his first season. If you took off in a short period of time, it can be dangerous. It is one thing to work the whole year for the success of the club. Other – spend seven or eight games in a few weeks, defending the honor of the country.
 

At the European championships, I realized that you need to get rid of all possible means of this pressure. This is an important lesson. We need to play freely and without much analysis. We have come to this after a heavy defeat by Italy in 2012. We just have not been able to get together and find a way to win. But we have to put up with it. I spent hours recording redefined matches. Now I’m trying to stop attacking the most simple way. He likes to attack from the left or the right? What kind of movement he holds? Do it quickly? Slow? Is the ball okay? Everything else – know as the game progresses.
 

We know that we are under the gun after winning the World Cup. Everybody wants to win here. But we are ready for the tournament. We do not have superstars like Messi or Ronaldo – 23 in our team than the player.
 

The most cool thing on the Euro – this is what happens on the field. The atmosphere, the fans, the people who come to the matches at a time when Europe is beginning to feel the arrival of summer.
 

«Boateng! I WANT TO BE YOUR NEIGHBOUR! »
 

Fans came even during training, ready to fill stadiums with songs, chants, the noise before the starting whistle. It’s easy to feel. The people are friendly, they like football.
 

And these tournaments you remember most of all the fans. They make you proud that you play for your country. I do not think he felt this pride so much as now. The politician in Germany made a statement, which many thought racist. He said that many people like me as a footballer, but they do not want to see me as your neighbor.
 

I grew up in Berlin, my mixed race, so I was always difficult. It is sad to hear such comments. People still look at the world from this point in our country. But there is a change. I think about a little boy who looked in his room for the German national team and wanted to play for the country. Then I think of my girls and I wish that they did not fight with these barriers when they grow up. And the response of our fans and supporters of this statement gives hope that they will not fight.
 

A few days after the speech of the policy we’ve played a friendly match with Slovakia. I went out on the field and saw the banners: “Boateng! I want to be your neighbor! “. My sister wrote me a message: “My God! It’s crazy, on the news talking about your influence on politics! “The next day, another politician put on my uniform in the Parliament, to express support.
 

I asked a lot about that in the media statement. And now I’m only focused on the Euro. I am here with the national team, playing for their country – our country. I am grateful to the fans for their support.
 

I hope I can come back with the title of European champion.
 

pause,
 Rewind at any time, see all the matches of Euro 2016 with the service “management
 view “in
 Interactive TV of “Rostelecom».

Jerome Boateng / The Player’s Tribune
 

<-! Poll form -> <-! / Poll form ->

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...